Tuesday, October 29, 2019

editing the commercial

      So, last class we were suppose to edit but many things got in the way of that. When we first got into class, we were told to log onto the computers. I tried logging into the first computer and the mouse wasn’t working and it wouldn’t turn on. When I was logging into the second computer, it was taking forever to log on. After waiting for more than half of the class for the computer to log in, the screen kept turning off. Since the computer wasn’t working, I went in the closet to film my voice over. We did three different takes so we can decide which one we want to use in our commercial. In each take, the words were said differently. I got an SD card reader and finally when I went back to my computer it turned on. I tried transferring my stuff from the SD card but the computer wasn’t working again.
        I then realized that our folder with all of our shots was not showing up. It must’ve been from the computer not working. Those were important because that was all of our raw footage for our commercial. My group couldn’t re-film because we didn’t have the props we needed to film it again. I looked all throughout the computer and i still didn’t find it. I asked for the SD card and SD card reader back so I could try and find it. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be there cause a previous group might of deleted it. When i plugged it into the computer and tried looking I still couldn’t find it. I then switched computers so I could at least get the shots from the voice over into a folder. When I made a folder for the voice over, I was looking through the files and I found our shots from last class.
         I made a folder for both the voice over and the shots. We couldn’t leave the folder on the computer because the computer I was using didn’t have pinnacle studios. So i logged into my google account and put the folder into google drive. Mrs. Marchionne had to log out of the computer for me because the bell had rung when it was uploading into my drive. So now that it’s in the drive, I have it no matter what computer I use. By the time i put all the footage into the folders, class was over. I wasn’t able to start editing because of all that happened. Today, we were told that we don’t be using these computers cause they aren’t working. We’ll have computers to work on. Hopefully next class we’ll be able to start editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment