Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing blog

     Now that i finished the editing process, i can finally write about how it went. Today we got the chance to start editing on the laptops. when I first got in the class, I signed out a computer, went to my desk, then logged in. Once I logged in I opened up pinnacle studios so I can start the editing process. I put all of the scenes from Google photos onto my desktop, and then I added all of them into a folder so I could import. doing this took up a lot of time because I didn’t really know what I was doing but with the help of a few classmates I got it done. Along with the few classmates that helped me, the notes that I took a few classes ago helped me a lot with the editing process. After I imported the videos, I started to look through them so I could choose which take I like better. Once I choose them, I dragged the scenes and put them into Av track two. Once we had the selected scenes added, the rest of the editing process was pretty easy and went smoothly.
      After the scenes I wanted were imported, I started to cut the scenes down. When I thought I had the scenes cut down, I realized that my commercial was at 42 seconds but the maximum time is 30 seconds. I feel like getting it to under 30 seconds was one of the hardest parts because I didn’t want to cut out important scenes from my commercial. I finally got everything cut down and I was at 30 seconds. Cutting the scenes down and getting it under 30 seconds was challenging because I kept on deleting the wrong parts and deleting whole scenes and forgetting to put them back. Not only was this challenging but this was the most important part of the commercial because it had to be at a certain time and it couldn’t go over. I then started to do fade-ins between each scene because the scenes looked choppy and just went from one to another. Once I started doing the transitions between the scenes it all started to come together and finally look good. The transitions completely changed the way the commercial looked. The only thing left to do was add music and the voiceover.
       So once I finished editing I started to add the sound. First, I dragged the chosen voiceover and put it into Av track three. I aligned the voiceover with the last scene in the commercial because the actor was just running so I thought it seemed fit for that part. I had to delete the sound from some scenes but I kept the sound and others because the actor was talking. At first I was confused on how to delete the sound but I asked for help and learned how to delete them. After I finished editing the sounds, I felt as if the commercial was still dull, so my partner and I added a song. I chose an upbeat and uplifting song from YouTube, added it to a folder, and then imported into pinnacle Studios. The song was put in the beginning of the commercial and a part of the end, after the voiceover. My partner and I then watched our commercial over and over again to see if we liked everything. Now, next class all I have to do is export the commercial and send it to my class email.

No comments:

Post a Comment