Friday, January 17, 2020

Pitch Blog

     Hey, it’s me again and this time I’m going to try an narrow down my pitches I stated in my last blog. Out of the three pitches my teammate and I decided on we chose the first and third pitches. These pitches are the the ‘Dangerous Love’ pitch and the ‘Life Gone Wrong’. Dangerous Love is a horror flick while Life Gone Wrong is a more comedic and action packed film. I feel both of which are and can shape up to be great movies if I can film and edit correctly and smoothly. With only being able to film the first two minutes of the movie this proves a challenge. I would have to include a plot, overalls setting, introduce main characters, and give hints and foreshadow into what’s to come. I really love these two ideas because they seem more unique than any other movie out right now. Both of these movies have also seen to spike interests in many countries across the world. Now let’s begin to go a bit deeper into these pitches.
     The pitch of ‘Dangerous Love’ is , “A love crazy girl believes she’s met the guy of her dreams, but it quickly proves to be the guy of her nightmares.” This first pitch shows that no matter what you think may be right you always have to be careful. Sometimes the person you least expect is going to be the person who you have to be expected of. The girl named Scarlet always wanted a relationship like the ones in the movies, the crazy encounter and the true love ending. Instead, she found a guy who became obsessed, possessive, and manipulative. When she tries to leave, he stalks her and swears he will do anything to make her his again. While his ambitions turn deadly she must fight to stay alive and when all else fails she may have to do it herself. With no one to aid her and her “loved one” having all the seeming advantages against her what’s she going to do? How will he prevail or will she fall victim like the others before her? Scarlet will show you all of this in this movie.
     The pitch for ‘Life Gone Wrong’ is , “Lifelong friends gone broke. Their last resort, robbing a bank. They aren’t the sharpest, but this may play in their favor.” This movie has the potential to be both comedic and action packed and all in all a movie for all to enjoy. The story of two lifelong friends and their road to riches comes crashing down when they realize they’re in debt and behind several months on their rent. Their plan,  robbing a bank for all it’s money. It may sound dumb, it’s because they are dumb, but this may play in their favor somehow. Two idiots, dumb police, and even dumber crew members this has disaster written all over it? How will they do it and most importantly will they get away with it? Rodo and Willis the two main characters were never top of their class, but they may have came up with the best, but unthought i’d plan ever. This movie will leave you wanting more and more and at the edge of your seat. So, why wouldn’t you want to watch a movie that can make you laugh and keep your nerves as a factor?
     In the end, my partner and I decided to choose Life Gone Wrong as our pitch to film and make real. Even though we feel this would be a bit of a challenge to work with we feel we’re ready for it. Rodo and Willis seem fit to make a movie out of and the fact that the movie is both action and comedy makes it a double whammy. To begin, I love making people laugh so the script should not be that difficult to write. The difficult part will be storyboarding and editing which I feel very confident and proficient at, on a good day though. I can’t wait to apply my skills in film making to make this pitch reality and making that reality beautiful. I’ve always wanted to make a movie and this will be my first every chance to do so and I plan on doing it in a memorable and fantastic way. I also can not wait for the adventure ahead and see what obstacles are thrown in my way. So again we went the idea of Life Gone Wrong because we feel we have a bit more to use for that movie. Thank you so much for listening and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment